Registrar in Nephrology at the Department of Nephrology, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece. During my educational program, I participated in the following activities:
- 2 years I was appointed to the Nephrology Department (30 beds), where I had the opportunity to come together with all the spectrum of clinical nephrology (glomerulonephrities, acute kidney injury, systemic diseases, metabolic disorders, hypertension diabetes mellitus,etc).
- I was trained in kidney ultrasound and I performed over 50 kidney biopsies by myself. At the same time I participated in pathological meetings concerning the clinical and pathological follow up of patients.
- For one year I worked in the Renal unit of the hospital (220 patients). During this period I was trained in all methods of haemodialysis and in all renal replacement therapies in patients with acute kidney injury. In total, I attended in over 40,000 haemodialysis sessions and I placed over 600 catheters for haemodialysis.
- For 6 months I worked in the CAPD unit (60 patients) of the Nephrology Department. I also placed over 60 peritoneal catheters.
- For 6 months, I was member of the Transplant Unit of the department (50 patients).
- I was also trained in all techniques of Apheresis (plasmapheresis, LDL-apheresis, immunoadsorption). The Papageorgiou Nephrology Department is pionner in the field of Apheresis.